Key Government Construction Owners, National and State ABC Links
- University of Central Florida Facilities Management
- Greater Orlando Aviation Authority Construction Opportunities
- National Issues & Advocacy
- Washington DC Staff Directory
- ABC of Florida Web Page
- ABC’s Tallahassee Lobbyist
- Eastern Florida College
- College of Central Florida
- Daytona State College
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Seminole State College of Florida
- Valencia College
County School Boards
- Orange County Public Schools Orlando Florida
- Seminole County Public Schools
- Volusia County Schools
- School District of Osceola County
- Lake County Schools
- Brevard County Schools
Jessica Lunsford Act
Single Badging HB 21 is signed into law.
Governor Rick Scott was the keynote speaker for the ABC of Florida 2013 Convention and conducted a ceremonial signing of HB 21 in honor of the work that ABC and ABC members did to pass the bill. Standing with ABC members on right is Florida Representative Kathleen C. Passidomo (R, District 106)
HB 21 provides for a single, state-issued badge — issued to the worker with a photo id — and will be his or her badge to work in any county school district, on any project requiring Level II background security.
The law went into effect July 1, 2013.
ABC is pleased that this high-priority legislation has gained passage of the 2013 House of Representatives this year after several earlier attempts. It would not have been possible without the engagement of ABC members with candidates, elected officials, and frequent messages to make this change by ABC contractors in Tallahassee and in the districts of the state Representatives.