Coastal Mechanical is hiring! Please visit https://coastalmechanical.com/careers/ for a complete list of job openings.
Junior Cost Estimator
J. High Construction is seeking a Junior Cost Estimator for our downtown Orlando office. This is an exciting opportunity to work on multiple projects throughout Central Florida.
Since 1936 H. J. High Construction has been dedicated to constructing the highest quality buildings that inspire, educate, and enhance communities. H. J. High specializes in general contracting, pre-construction services, design-build, and construction management services for a variety of industries. H. J. High has been fortunate enough to have worked on some of Orlando’s most iconic projects including the renovation of First Baptist Orlando’s sanctuary, and more recently, construction on the Dr. Phillips YMCA, and design-build of the Orlando Police Department headquarters. H. J. High is a third generation, family owned business that is incredibly team focused and invested in the growth of its employees.
- Employee health insurance premium covered by employer
- 401k with discretionary matching contribution
- Discretionary bonus
- 15 days paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability
- Bereavement leave
- Positive, friendly work environment
Reports to: Vice President of Pre-Construction.
Overall Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform quantity surveys and pricing new construction projects, during preconstruction design phases.
- Responsible for estimating construction change requests for project owner during the construction phase of various projects.
- Prepare detailed and accurate estimates in a timely manner and to meet all schedules.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Education:
- 2 years of electrical cost estimating experience.
- BS in Engineering (preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of Construction Systems.
- K-12 Education experience is a plus.
- Computer Estimating and quantity takeoff using OST, and estimating software such as Timberline, ProEst, or Cost OS & Microsoft office skills
- Estimating experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required. •Professional conduct in a business environment is essential.
Please send your Resume to Construction@hjhigh.com with “Junior Cost Estimator Position” in the subject line.
H.J. High is seeking a highly-motivated, analytical and deadline focused Estimating Department Intern to assist with all current and future project pursuits
- Assist with preparing bid packages, obtaining bids from subcontractors and material vendors, and analyzing bids with Estimators.
- Work with Estimators to develop quantity take-off, value engineering studies, staging and logistics plans.
- Assist Estimating team with preparing and analyzing cost models during the Design Development and/or bidding period.
- Assist Estimating team to ensure estimates, including general conditions, are accurate, complete and reflect the actual requirements of the project. This includes assuring that there are an adequate number of qualified and financially sound subcontractor proposals received and evaluated.
- Participate in the preconstruction strategy meeting on the approach to the project or estimate.
- Assist team with coordinating the assembly of the preconstruction material for presentation purposes.
- Assist with identifying and qualifying new material suppliers and subcontractors and place into subcontractor database.
Skills & Requirements
- Intern must be currently enrolled in a Construction Management program or similarly related field at a college or university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Please send your Resume to Construction@hjhigh.com with “Estimating Intern Position” in the subject line.
Tri-City Electrical Contractors, Inc.
Rough and Trim Install Electrician-Residential-Orlando
It takes a talented, hard-working, and innovative team to make our company successful. Tri-City’s growth and success is determined by our employees. We want to get the right talent into the right position and encourage personal growth and development within the company. Explore our open positions and see where you can fit in!
Our Core Values
Talent– The “right” people are our greatest asset. The future of our organization lies in the hands and capabilities of our employees.
Results– We hold ourselves to the highest standards in the industry. As a result of this we deliver what we promise while exceeding expectations.
Integrity– Trust & respect is earned. We are honest, respectful, and transparent in all of our interactions with our employees, clients, and vendors.
The Rough and Trim Install Electrician is responsible for organizing and communicating the work of the assigned job crew performing residential electrical work, including responsibility for job safety standards. The Rough and Trim Install Electrician will monitor and document the progress of the assigned job including the quality and quantity of work performed by the job crew, as well as serve as the liaison between the job the General Contractor and the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Residential wiring
- Trim and fixtures
- Low voltage installations (in some jurisdictions)
- Installing electrical systems, apparatus and equipment in residential settings:
- Lighting fixtures, outside lighting, and closet lighting according to local code
- Power outlets and sockets according to local code, which may specify safety features such as tamper-resistant receptacles (TRRs) & Arch fault.
- Special circuits for appliances like water heaters, stoves, refrigerators, air conditioning units, heating units, and pilot lights for gas appliances
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI or GFI) on breakers or outlets.
- Residential safety features and ground connections
- Maintain familiarity with plans, specifications, and job folder contract scope
- Attend coordination meetings as required and provide necessary information
- Monitor and document the progress of the job using appropriate forms listed in the Superintendent Handbook
- Provide current and accurate information by generating RFI’s, memo’s, and other forms of communication
- Order daily materials as needed and follow up at the end of each work day
- Ensure the job site is properly cleaned up at the end of each work day
- Insure compliance with all job safety standards established by Tri-City and all regulatory agencies
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in Residential electrical (Journeyman’s a plus)
- Installing electrical systems in residential settings
- Low voltage installations (in some jurisdictions)
- Working with a maximum of 240 volts
- Working knowledge of National Electric Codes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Working knowledge of construction, electrical work, systems, and troubleshooting
- Proficient in the use of all tools and equipment related to residential electrical work
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Adheres to all appearance guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is in support of mission statement
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under time constraints and job responsibility pressure and stress
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language at a minimum 8th grade level
- Proficient in the use of all hand tools typically used for residential electrical work
- Manages project resources as required.
- Monitor, direct, and improve the quantity and quality of work performed
- Requires constant bending, stooping, stretching, pulling crawling, climbing, digging, trenching, excavating, lifting and carrying (minimum 50 lbs.)
- Requires frequent moving and installing of heavy electrical equipment
- Requires the ability to report to jobsites throughout Florida; locations vary depending on individuals home location (i.e., Altamonte, Tampa, Pompano, Ft. Myers)
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Requires ability to perform physical duties listed above for extended periods of time
Typical Working Conditions:
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in the heat and direct sunlight
- Regular exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- Regular exposure to dirt and hazardous electrical equipment and wiring
Other Duties as Assigned:
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send resume to email@example.com
EOE/AAP, Drug Free Workplace
KHS&S is consistently ranked the second-largest specialty wall and ceiling contractor in the U.S. by Engineering News-Record. Founded in 1984, KHS&S has amassed an enviable portfolio of more than 5,000 casino resorts, hospitals, hotels, entertainment venues, retail facilities, theme parks, themed attractions and public works projects. We are growing and seeking an experienced Plasterer/Carver in the Orlando area.
Applicants will have at least five years of experience performing plaster carving for theme parks, zoos, aquariums or similar entertainment-oriented environments and have in-depth knowledge and mastery of methods and materials particular to themed plaster, including appropriate use of tools, application, articulation of products and materials, and knowledge of substrate requirements.
Please apply online or call Carol at 1-407-425-5550 for more information.
KHS&S Contractors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings account, & vacation/sick pay. KHS&S Contractors is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. E-Verify / EOE / DFWP / AA M/F Vet/Disability
KHS&S Contractors in Orlando is recruiting for an experienced FRP Installer.
Experience at layout and installation of FRP. Boom lift experience is required. Rigging and forklift experience preferred. Framing experience a plus. Must have construction experience.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 LBS and work in varied conditions inside and outside.
This position is located in Orlando, Florida and is starting right away.
If you’re looking for a great company to work for and have the experience needed, call 407-425-5550, Mon-Fri, 8a-5p.
Please, no recruiter calls. E-Verify / EOE / DFWP / AA / M/F / Vet/Disability
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Accounts Receivable Assistant
- Submit all project billing for projects ranging from $ 10 K up to $ 13 Mil
- The billings will be in Excel – with multiple sheets in one file.
- Responsible for reaching out to customers for upcoming payments – confirming all documents have been submitted in order to collect monies due.
- Review accounts payable for outstanding vendor invoices.
- Pulling invoices that are open / verifying with the vendor that this is all they are due thru the requested thru dates on the lien releases.
- Requesting statements for verifying all the open invoice so that we do not have open invoices in the time frame (this way multiple checks will not have to be issued.
- Review all NTO = Notice to Owner and preparing all the lien releases from vendors
- Submitting all releases in one file to the customers to avoid confusion and speed up payments.
Candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug testing, must be dependable, on-time and courteous as they will be the first point of contact for vendors, customers and delivery orders. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person to P & A Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc., 4495 35th Street – Orlando, FL 32811.