Sutter Roofing Company
Sutter Roofing is experiencing growth and we are looking for an Estimator with experience in large scale roofing projects in any of our location, Tampa, Sarasota and Orlando.
As one of the oldest and largest roofing and sheet metal contractors in Florida and the U.S., Sutter Roofing remains at the forefront of the roof industry. Our family of employees are dedicated to only the best quality, service, and professionalism in the industry. We are proud of our culture and loyal, long-term staff, which has made us one of the top commercial roofing contractors in Florida and in the country.
An Estimator for Sutter Roofing must be an expert in commercial roofing and aware/educated on the latest industry trends/requirements. Basic duties include the preparation of accurate, code-compliant, detailed estimates based on our customer’s needs and expectations. Bidding projects and following/monitoring that project through to completion and the post-job review meeting is an estimator’s primary responsibility. Estimators communicate with management, Project Managers, Foreman and other staff on a daily basis to ensure they are fulfilling all estimating responsibilities on a daily basis.
Responsibilities : (including but not limited to)
- Developing a project estimate
- Job planning
- Bidding projects
- Pre-roof Meeting
- Pre-job planning
- Post job review
- Attend local trade meetings, seminars, conventions
Minimum 10 years experience in roofing industry in sales, technical or field position; or 5 years prior estimating experience.
Proficient in computer assisted take-off methods including The Edge, on-screen take-off, and bid reporting and other estimating technology.
Experience and ability to adopt new technologies in estimating and delivery of the estimating service to our customers.
Must have excellent computer knowledge and use of all Microsoft office programs, average typing ability and ability to communicate via Outlook, and write proposals, reports, job files and other job required reports.
Sutter Roofing offers:
- Access to a comprehensive healthcare plan that includes medical, vision and dental plans
- Basic Life Insurance and ADD 100% employer paid
- 401(k) Savings Plan with an employer match
- Paid and voluntary life insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Career Development Programs and Training
- Opportunity to participate in community charitable events
If your experience meets the requirements, and you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your résumé: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 941-377-4499, or through our website www.sutterroofing.com
Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Drug-Free Workplace.
National Construction Manager/General Contractor Seeking a Lead Superintendent for Central Florida region for K-12, Higher Education, Public and Municipal projects.
Candidate must currently reside in Central Florida.
CORE Construction is a national General Contractor with offices in seven states. CORE is ranked #3 nationally for K-12 construction and is seeking a Lead Superintendent with experience in K-12, higher education and public/municipal projects in the Central Florida Region. CORE Construction has 4 offices in Florida and has been in Central Florida for over 20 years.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for and coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
Maintains the job site and closes out projects. The Superintendent ensures that the workers are implementing what is on the design plan and monitors the progress of the project. You will be responsible for daily and/or weekly progress reports using a laptop, MS Office and MS Project.
- Maintains positive relationships with Owners, subcontractors, suppliers and other employees.
- 5+ years experience in school project preferably in Central FL Region.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Spanish speaking not required, but a strength.
- Good computer skills. Knowledge of Outlook, MS Office and MS Project.
- Experience with Construction Management, Design Build and General Contracting delivery method.
- 4-year college degree preferred but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Subcontractor Scopes.
- Result-oriented professionals who can work well in a team environment and are committed to excellence.
CORE is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
Email ONLY resumes to AnnetteGuida@COREconstruction.com
***NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS, please****
Construction Admin/Project Coordinator
We are seeking a Construction Admin/Project Coordinator for our Orlando location. The ideal candidate should have commercial GC experience handling administration for construction projects.
Job duties include:
- Compiling & Expediting Subcontractor Packets – Contracts – Change Orders – Purchase Orders
- Communications between Subs/Consultants and Vendors
- Obtaining/processing Insurance Certificates
- Certified Payroll – Pay Applications
- Creating/Maintaining Subcontractor Files
- Meeting Minutes
- Weekly/Monthly Reports – Job Logs
- Tracking MBEs
- Closeout Documents
- Administrative support for Project Manager and Superintendents
- Assist with bidding processes as needed
- Assist with Subcontractor Fairs as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with OCPS construction projects, a plus
This position requires excellent computer skills and expert knowledge of MS Office including advanced Excel formulas. Experience with Viewpoint would be highly preferred, but not required. If you feel you are the right candidate for the position, please email a resume and cover letter for consideration. This is for experienced professionals only. CORE is an equal opportunity employer.
Email ONLY resumes to AnnetteGuida@COREconstruction.com
***NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS, please****
KHS&S Contractors is consistently ranked the second-largest specialty wall and ceiling contractor in the U.S. by Engineering News-Record. KHS&S projects include the Tampa International Airport expansion; Marlin’s Park in Miami; Seminole Hard Rock Casinos in Tampa and Hollywood, FL; and numerous Disney and Universal Studios projects.
KHS&S Orlando is looking for a Project Engineer to assist project executives in performing key project management tasks, including scheduling, purchasing, estimating, responding to RFIs and document management. Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, & other topographical data to plan projects; review estimated materials/equipment/labor costs and revise as needed; create reports and tracking for labor production, materials usage, and shipping. The PE will work closely with the entire project management team and on-site workers, so ability to communicate and relate to all levels of the organization is essential. Must be dependable, willing to learn and have good work ethics. Experience with theme parks or wall and ceiling preferred.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT http://khss.applicantpro.com/
REQUIREMENTS: Requires bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering.
HOURS: M – F 8:00 am-5:00 pm
E-Verify / EOE / DFWP / AA / M/F Vet/Disability
- Supervise projects to completion within predetermined schedule and budget
- Provide leadership and training to subordinates
- Enforce safety standards at all times
- Properly schedule staff, training and equipment needs
- Read plans, comprehend and execute for completion of projects
- Daily inspection of construction sites to ensure quality work and compliance
- Construction Management degree preferred
- Minimum of five years experience as a construction superintendent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam
- Strong knowledge of safety requirements and procedures
- Proven track record of working well with general contractors, subcontractors and field employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
To apply for this position, please go to: http://khss.applicantpro.com/
If you have questions you can email Cloudia Dame at email@example.com
E-Verify / EOE / DFWP / AA M/F Vet/Disability
- Set up drug screening and perform background checks.
- Processing all new hires. Verify that the payroll sign up packet is filled out correctly and adding them into the payroll system.
- Responsible for collecting timesheets ensuring they are being signed off by the correct supervisor and the hours are correct.
- Verifying that all termination, raise, and vacation requests are signed and filed in the correct employee file.
- Creating all employee files and filing on-going documents.
- Keying time into Paychex payroll system ensuring that all job codes are keyed properly and overtime and vacation time is calculated properly.
- Printing weekly Job Costs reports after each payroll is processed.
- Printing weekly certified payroll reports by project.
- Filling out all child support enforcement letters and getting the correct deduction set up in the employee file with Paychex.
- Filling out unemployment compensation orders and sending them back to federal agency requesting them.
- Processing employee expense reports, tracking by cost code, keeping track of all receipts, mileage logs and reimbursements.
- Distributing the payroll and expense checks to the correct branches.OCIP/CCIP:
- Reporting OCIP & CCIP payrolls to insurance carrier weekly, keep logs tracking payroll hours and amounts submitted.
- Medical Insurance
- Notifying all employees when they become eligible for medical insurance and how much the coverage will cost them and what kind of coverage is being offered.
- Making sure that the correct deduction is being taken from their weekly check.
- Removing all terminated employees from the insurance and the payroll system.
- Assist with all questions and/or concerns with the insurance carrier.
- Creating spreadsheets tracking monthly cost for the company and all employee cost by level of coverage elected.
Accounts Payable Clerk
with QuickBooks and construction experience. Position includes matching delivery tickets and entering invoices in QuickBooks by receiving against purchase orders. The position will also share in heavy fast paced, multi-tasking environment. References must be submitted with resume and will be verified. Candidates must have at least 3 or more years’ experience in the position. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE. firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-650-9542.
Accounts Receivable Assistant
- Submit all project billing for projects ranging from $ 10 K up to $ 13 Mil
- The billings will be in Excel – with multiple sheets in one file.
- Responsible for reaching out to customers for upcoming payments – confirming all documents have been submitted in order to collect monies due.
- Review accounts payable for outstanding vendor invoices.
- Pulling invoices that are open / verifying with the vendor that this is all they are due thru the requested thru dates on the lien releases.
- Requesting statements for verifying all the open invoice so that we do not have open invoices in the time frame (this way multiple checks will not have to be issued.
- Review all NTO = Notice to Owner and preparing all the lien releases from vendors
- Submitting all releases in one file to the customers to avoid confusion and speed up payments.
ODP Owner Direct Purchases:
- Set up, track and submit by project and vendor all owner direct purchases.
- Match delivery tickets to the invoices and submit to our customer.
Full time – entry level position. Someone to answer phones, copy and/or scan documents, assist in filing, opening and distributing mail, operating postage meter for outgoing mail, creating Federal Express labels and tracking packages. Hours of operation are 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday thru Friday. Candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug testing, must be dependable, on-time and courteous as they will be the first point of contact for vendors, customers and delivery orders. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Apply to email@example.com, or apply in person to P & A Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc., 4495 35th Street – Orlando, FL 32811.
The Estimator will be responsible for duties that include, but are not limited to, reading and understanding blueprints, preparing bid proposals daily, consistently follow up on all submitted bids and must have project management background.
- Preparing bid proposals daily
- Reading and understanding blueprints
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs.
- Communicate effectively; both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills as an Estimator/Project Manager
- Provide leadership through building relationships, motivating others, providing clear direction, and cooperative teamwork.
- Supervise activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, and schedule.
- Possess thorough knowledge of company’s contracts and understanding of all parties by thoroughly reviewing construction documents.
- Conduct and supervise project close out activities as well as being responsible for the financial performance of the project.
- Estimate and prepare proposals for upcoming projects from start to finish.
- Skilled at negotiating and developing positive working relationships with owners, contractors and subcontractors.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial Drywall Construction Estimating / Project Management background.
- Computer experience with On Screen Take off, Bluebeam Revu and Quick bids
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of Commercial Drywall Construction
Location: Central Florida/Orlando Area
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Estimator (Full Time)
- Preparing bid proposals daily
- Following up on all submitted bid proposals
- Reading and understanding blueprints
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Materials Testing & Threshold Building take-offs
- Must have project bid / proposal experience
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Must be able to communicate effectively; both written and verbal
- Must be detail-oriented Benefits:Competitive Salary
Vacation & Paid Holidays
$15.00 per hour and up depending on experience
Drug Free Workplace
Please respond with your resume to: email@example.com
The AR/AP Specialist is responsible for providing financial, administrative, clerical services to ensure accuracy and efficiency of financial operations.
- Process and post all accounts receivable invoices in the accounting system software
- Process and post cash receipts to the accounting system software and prepares related deposits
- Update billing fields weekly in accounting system software and track billing periods and balances
- Process credit card charges
Manage collection of accounts receivable, including a weekly meeting with VP to review aging report.
Match and process invoices, purchase orders and packing slips to material orders
- Filing accounting related documents to maintain financial historical records
- Participate in weekly billing meetings with Project Management team in preparation for delivering all project payment applications, including lien wavers
- Code invoices by cost code and general ledger to the related project
- Research and resolve vendor and purchase order inquiries
- Process and track Owner Direct Purchase invoices using contractor submittal form.
- Perform weekly accounts payable check runs
- Maintain accurate accounts payable files for vendors including current certificates of insurance
- Monitoring of vendor discount opportunities and ensure timely payment
- Balance vendor and credit card statements to open payables
- Assist the Controller with the completion of monthly closeout procedures, reconciliations, and reports
Education/Skills/Knowledge/Qualifications & Expereience:
- Detail oriented
- 2-3 years of Construction Accounting experience in AP and AR is required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications with strong Excel skills
- Experience working with Construction Accounting software
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Proven success working in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Must have purchasing and scheduling experience.
Call 407-539-1303 ext 131 for additional information and to submit resume.
Junior Cost Estimator Job Description
H.J. High Construction, a central Florida commercial construction manager seeks Junior Cost Estimator. This is an exciting opportunity to work on multiple projects throughout Central Florida.
Since 1936 H. J. High Construction has been a leader in Florida’s construction marketplace and dedicated to building only the highest quality buildings that inspire, educate and further people’s lives while enhancing their communities. H. J. High Construction specializes in general contracting, pre-construction services, design-build, construction management and preventative maintenance services for education, industrial, commercial and religious facilities. For more information, visit www.HJHigh.com.
Overall Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform quantity surveys and pricing new construction projects, during preconstruction design phases.
- Responsible for estimating construction change requests for project owner during the construction phase of various projects.
- Prepare detailed and accurate estimates in a timely manner and to meet all schedules.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Consistently conduct oneself in a manner which reflects positively upon H. J. High Construction.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Education:
- 2 years of electrical cost estimating experience.
- BS in Engineering (preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of Construction Systems.
- K-12 Education experience is a plus.
- Computer Estimating and quantity takeoff using OST, and estimating software such as Timberline, ProEst, or Cost OS & Microsoft office skills
- Estimating experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required. •Professional conduct in a business environment is essential.
Please send your Resume to Construction@hjhigh.com with “Junior Cost Estimator Position” in the subject line.
H.J. High is seeking a highly-motivated, analytical and deadline focused Estimating Department Intern to assist with all current and future project pursuits
- Assist with preparing bid packages, obtaining bids from subcontractors and material vendors, and analyzing bids with Estimators.
- Work with Estimators to develop quantity take-off, value engineering studies, staging and logistics plans.
- Assist Estimating team with preparing and analyzing cost models during the Design Development and/or bidding period.
- Assist Estimating team to ensure estimates, including general conditions, are accurate, complete and reflect the actual requirements of the project. This includes assuring that there are an adequate number of qualified and financially sound subcontractor proposals received and evaluated.
- Participate in the preconstruction strategy meeting on the approach to the project or estimate.
- Assist team with coordinating the assembly of the preconstruction material for presentation purposes.
- Assist with identifying and qualifying new material suppliers and subcontractors and place into subcontractor database.
Skills & Requirements
- Intern must be currently enrolled in a Construction Management program or similarly related field at a college or university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Please send your Resume to Construction@hjhigh.com with “Estimating Intern Position” in the subject line.