Every company wants more leaders; business professionals capable of overcoming challenges and taking your company to the next level. Today it is all about advancing the capacity of the organization towards high performance thereby creating long-term sustainability and profitability. To help you reach these goals, Central Florida Chapter ABC has developed a construction-focused executive development program.
Leadership ABC is an innovative, long-term leadership development program designed to provide the opportunity to explore and expand the participant’s overall capacity to lead, capability to lead effectively, and by doing so to ensure value and impact at a time when it is needed most.
This eight-session 40-hour course, includes high-impact classroom training presented by industry leaders.
Remaining classes will be: 2/28, 3/14, 3/28, 4/11, 4/25, 5/9 and 5/23.View Brochure/Download Application
- Introduction to OSHA Standards
- OSHA/General Duty Clause & Competent Person
- Excavation, trenching and shoring
- Fall Protection
- Handling, storage and disposal of materials
- Ladders and stairways
- Cranes, derricks, hoists, elevators & conveyors
- much more!
Remaining class dates: February 22 and March 1
Formal presentations are so unnatural – when else do we stand up to talk while everyone we’re talking to is sitting down? No wonder we dread them! Join us for a presentation skills workshop and get several tips on how to add polish and impact to your presentations.
This workshop is designed for those who have to persuade colleagues and clients through formal presentations.Additional Class Information
Do you have the lifesaving CPR and First-Aid skills needed to help co-workers or customers in an emergency situation? Learn to be prepared for emergencies, prevent injuries, and respond calmly & effectively when emergencies strike! First time certifications and renewals welcome! Attendees are receiving both certifications in one night!Additional class information
Topics include: Proven Principles; Finding Projects to Bid; Obtaining Documents; Preparing Estimate (Check list); Plans & Specifications; Material Take-off; Bonds & Insurance; Schedule Development and much more!
Remaining class dates: 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/12, 4/19Additional class information
This seven hour, course will show participants:
• How to develop fundamental skills
• A basic understanding of the estimating and bidding process
• How to set realistic, measurable objectives
• Understand productivity factors
• The laws of project management
• What factors affect your costs
• Different types of schedules, contracts, claims, and checklists
• Conducting more meaningful meetings
• Integrating safety into your culture