Sutter Roofing Company
Sutter Roofing is experiencing growth and we are looking for an Estimator with experience in large scale roofing projects in any of our location, Tampa, Sarasota and Orlando.
As one of the oldest and largest roofing and sheet metal contractors in Florida and the U.S., Sutter Roofing remains at the forefront of the roof industry. Our family of employees are dedicated to only the best quality, service, and professionalism in the industry. We are proud of our culture and loyal, long-term staff, which has made us one of the top commercial roofing contractors in Florida and in the country.
An Estimator for Sutter Roofing must be an expert in commercial roofing and aware/educated on the latest industry trends/requirements. Basic duties include the preparation of accurate, code-compliant, detailed estimates based on our customer’s needs and expectations. Bidding projects and following/monitoring that project through to completion and the post-job review meeting is an estimator’s primary responsibility. Estimators communicate with management, Project Managers, Foreman and other staff on a daily basis to ensure they are fulfilling all estimating responsibilities on a daily basis.
Responsibilities : (including but not limited to)
- Developing a project estimate
- Job planning
- Bidding projects
- Pre-roof Meeting
- Pre-job planning
- Post job review
- Attend local trade meetings, seminars, conventions
Minimum 10 years experience in roofing industry in sales, technical or field position; or 5 years prior estimating experience.
Proficient in computer assisted take-off methods including The Edge, on-screen take-off, and bid reporting and other estimating technology.
Experience and ability to adopt new technologies in estimating and delivery of the estimating service to our customers.
Must have excellent computer knowledge and use of all Microsoft office programs, average typing ability and ability to communicate via Outlook, and write proposals, reports, job files and other job required reports.
Sutter Roofing offers:
- Access to a comprehensive healthcare plan that includes medical, vision and dental plans
- Basic Life Insurance and ADD 100% employer paid
- 401(k) Savings Plan with an employer match
- Paid and voluntary life insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Career Development Programs and Training
- Opportunity to participate in community charitable events
If your experience meets the requirements, and you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your résumé: email@example.com, fax 941-377-4499, or through our website www.sutterroofing.com
Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Drug-Free Workplace.
National Construction Manager/General Contractor Seeking a Lead Superintendent for Central Florida region for K-12, Higher Education, Public and Municipal projects.
Candidate must currently reside in Central Florida.
CORE Construction is a national General Contractor with offices in seven states. CORE is ranked #3 nationally for K-12 construction and is seeking a Lead Superintendent with experience in K-12, higher education and public/municipal projects in the Central Florida Region. CORE Construction has 4 offices in Florida and has been in Central Florida for over 20 years.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for and coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
Maintains the job site and closes out projects. The Superintendent ensures that the workers are implementing what is on the design plan and monitors the progress of the project. You will be responsible for daily and/or weekly progress reports using a laptop, MS Office and MS Project.
- Maintains positive relationships with Owners, subcontractors, suppliers and other employees.
- 5+ years experience in school project preferably in Central FL Region.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Spanish speaking not required, but a strength.
- Good computer skills. Knowledge of Outlook, MS Office and MS Project.
- Experience with Construction Management, Design Build and General Contracting delivery method.
- 4-year college degree preferred but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Subcontractor Scopes.
- Result-oriented professionals who can work well in a team environment and are committed to excellence.
CORE is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
Email ONLY resumes to AnnetteGuida@COREconstruction.com
***NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS, please****