Who are we?
The Central Florida Student Chapter consists mainly of inspiring Civil & Construction engineers from the University of Central Florida.
What is our Purpose?
The Purpose of the student chapter is to branch the “understanding gap” between perspectives/methods as it is seen/preformed in the industry, compared to how learned in the collegian /alchemic worlds. By doing this we will be preparing the up-and-coming engineers to a more realistic understanding of how the industry operates while leaning how to maximize the knowledge/concepts learned in the classroom. ABC Through various events such as Student competitions, monthly networking events, jobsite visits along with potential scholarships & Fellowships, just to name a few, allow great exposure for us students to actively participate with alumni, leaders in the industry, faculty as well as many more..
What are our goals?
Our goals start with achieving academic excellence, which is vital to achieving our purpose. We will like to remain highly competitive amongst peers, with potentially establishing a dominate presence in Florida. We want utilize all the tools around us, whether involving various software’s we have access to becoming available to interact regularly with men & women
How are we going to achieve these goals?
Our success is mainly based off of our members ambition to improve their skills individually as well as dedicating themselves to improve the chapter as a whole through various forms of teamwork. We also rely on direction/support from various sources: The University, ABC Central Florida & National offices, Local industry members who actively work with us to always make sure we can further improve ourselves. ________________________________________________________________________
- We want to be able to take advantage of the time and effort industry members are willing to provide us
- We want to be proficient on all applicable software’s
- We want to be able to connect the dots of what’s learned in class to how & why its executed in the field
- We want to separate ourselves from the norm and develop ourselves to a more industry friendly graduate. This can help us gain potential jobs as well as providing a better pool for industry members to pick from.
Inspire UCF students!
We are always looking for quest speakers for our meetings. Please let us know if you are available and would have time to inspire our student members.
ABC Members are encouraged to join the Student Chapter Committee.
Purpose: Facilitates communication and maintains an ongoing relationship between college students and ABC members in order to provide a positive image of construction and to attract high quality candidates to the industry.
1. Assist Student Chapter members with preparation for National Competition.
2. Assist in finding speakers for semi-monthly student chapter meetings.
3. Assist with annual Golf Tournament Fund Raiser.
4. Investigate scholarship programs available.
5. Oversee Student Chapter financials.
6. Assist with industry mentors for students.
7. Ensure Student Chapter succession plan.
Meeting Schedule: Last Friday of each month, 1 p.m.
Staff Liaison: Becki Lewis, 407-398-1266, email@example.com