HB 21 has passed the Florida House, 117-0!!
April 5, 2013, Tallahassee This bill will provide for a single, state-issued badge -- issued to the worker with a photo id -- and will be his or her badge to work in any county school district, on any project requiring Level II background security.
Senate Bill 318 sponsored by Sen. Denise Grimsley is the companion bill in the Senate and ABC expects that bill to be heard on the floor of the Senate some time in early April. If passed by the Senate and signed by Governor Rick Scott, the bill will go into effect July 1, 2013.
ABC is pleased that this high-priority legislation has gained passage of the 2013 House of Representatives this year after several earlier attempts. It would not have been possible without the engagement of ABC members with candidates, elected officials, and frequent messages to make this change by ABC contractors in Tallahassee and in the districts of the state Representatives.
Please respond to ABC's action alerts to encourage your Florida Senator to support SB 318 in the coming week. Also thank your Representative for their support of this bill.
For more information, please contact Mark Wylie 407-398-1272.
Download Presentations From Past Builders' Breakfasts
• May 14, 2013 - Orange County Public Schools Upcoming Projects, presented by John Morris
Click here for the slideshow in Powerpoint
format - (2.1 MB)
Click here for the slideshow in PDF
format - (1.5 MB)
Click here for the Milestones handout in PDF
format - (900 KB)
Click here for the FCA Timeline handout in PDF format - (400 KB)
• April 9, 2013 Downtown Development presented by Thomas Chapman. Click here to download and view the Presentation (PDF Format)(8.6MB).
• February 27, ABC hosted a comprehensive program on the current and future state of health care reform. The presenters, Robin Word, CPA, CCIFP at Moss, Krusick & Associates; Lillian Chaves, Partner at Jackson Lewis, LLP; and Sue Nelson, Director of Business Development at GULFSHORE Insurance, explored the impact of this historic legislation on small business and the strategies for navigating the changes. Click here to download and view the Powerpoint presentation (3.34 MB). View the photos here.
• On February 12, 2013, Brent Daubach, Project Manager for the Citrus Bowl Expansion spoke about plans, totaling approximately $175 million, which include adding 10 more suites, 4,000 club seats and 40 loge boxes and increasing permanent seats from 65,438 to 68,000. The Powerpoint Presentation can be viewed here (1.64 MB).
• Dr. Joseph Sarnovsky, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer,Seminole State College of Florida,
December 6, 2012 Business Breakfast Presentation about the 5 year capital construction plans for SSC. See 3-D movies of the Altamonte proposal here: Fly-Through and Exterior. (These are large files so be patient!)
• Tom Wert with Roetzel & Andress presented key changes to Florida's construction law to members of ABC on Wednesday, July 18 at the "Good Morning ABC" event for this month. Click here to download the presentation
• Stuart J. Bebe, President and CEO, of Sonata Development, discussed the growth of healthcare industry in Central Florida as well as some of the requirements for contractors to participate in this growing industry at the Business Breakfast December 6, 2011. Click here to download the presentation
• Development on the $400 Million Intermodal Facility in South Winter Haven
View the presentation from the November 15, 2011 Builder's Business Breakfast:
Click here to download the presentation
• Florida Space Coast Development
View the presentations from the October 11, 2011 Space Coast
Development Builder's Business Breakfast:
ABC Networking Opportunities
ABC offers a variety of events to ensure that you will find at least one interesting way to get out and meet your fellow members. See past event photo galleries at: 2012 | 2011